The ninth CC2012 conference is organized by Odessa State Academy of Refrigeration (OSAR) in cooperation with Verkin Institute for Low Temperature Physics and Engineering, NASU, and Institute of Solid State Physics RAS with the support of ICEBLICK Ltd (Odessa,Ukraine), and ISSP RAS.
The Conference on Cryocrystals and Quantum Crystals (CC) dates back to 1979, when the first national USSR meeting dealing with cryocrystals and quantum crystals was organized in Viljandi, Estonia by V.G. Manzhelii (Verkin Institute for Low Temperature Physics and Engineering NASU) and A.F. Prihot’ko (Institute of Physics NASU). The subsequent biannual meetings were held in Kharkov (Ukraine), Almaty (Kazakhstan) Donetsk (Ukraine), and Odessa (Ukraine). The Almaty meeting of 1995 was organized by Kazakhstan National University as an international event. Since then the CC Conference had acquired international status becoming an important international forum for presenting new results on physics and chemistry of atomic and molecular solids such as rare gas solids, hydrogen, nitrogen, oxygen, methane, helium isotopes, water ice, etc. The next two international CC conferences were held in Poland, in Polanica Zdrój (September 1997) and in Szklarska Poręba (August 2000). The venues of the next CC conferences were Freising (Germany) in 2002, Wrocław (Poland) in 2004, Kharkov (Ukraine) in 2006, again Wrocław (Poland) in 2008. The last preceding 8-th CC Conference was organized in Chernogolovka (Russia).
The scope of CC is wide, including, but not limited to,
- thermodynamical and mechanical properties of cryocrystals and quantum crystals;
- order-disorder phenomena;
- optical and neutron spectroscopy of cryocrystals;
- high-pressure studies of cryocrystals and quantum crystals;
- charged species in cryocrystals and quantum crystals;
- phenomena at the surface of quantum fluids and solids;
- impurity-helium condensates, matrix isolation in cryocrystals ;
- ultrafast dynamics in crystals;
- crystalline and amorphous films, nanoscale systems;
- supersolid state;
- new emerging materials;
- technological applications and instrumentation.
Conference is to be a forum where ideas on various aspects of the physical, chemical and technological properties of solidified gases and other relevant materials can be exchanged and top experts in the field can meet.
Please check the CC2012 home page regularly for updates on conference details, submission requirements, etc.